DJ BBQ’s Chicken with Alabama White Sauce
Another recipe from a super hot day BBQing with DJ BBQ and Little Hersha for Wild Dish. Grilled chicken with Alabama White Sauce from the King of outdoor cooking. See the video here.. Alabama White Sauce Chicken . Follow DJ BBQ @DJBBQ and Cook with a Little Indian @littlehersha
1 free-range, good quality chicken cut into different joints
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp onion granules
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp chilli powder
For the Alabama white sauce:
Fresh cracked black pepper
1. Take your chicken out the fridge and cover, allowing it to come down to room temperature.
2. Mix together your mayonnaise and cyder vinegar until it makes a thin and pourable liquid. Squeeze in the juice of one lemon and add the worchester sauce, horseradish and hot sauce.
3. Finely chop and add your smoked garlic, then generously season with freshly cracked black pepper. The sauce should be fluid enough to drizzle over your chicken.
4. Drizzle your room temperature chicken with olive oil and season with your mix of rad rub, massaging the meat so it’s completely covered.
5. Place your chicken onto the direct heat of the bbq. When your chicken is looking crisp and golden brown and you’re sure it’s cooked, dip your chicken into the sauce and place it on the indirect heat of your bbq.
6. You want the chicken to still be hot and cooking while it absorbs the delicious sauce. Eat immediately!